Sunday, January 18, 2015

LOVE

 Valentine's Day is not far off.  Today I used the Marianne Design LOVE (LR0301) die for the center attraction.  I used red glitter card stock for the die cut.  

This is a 6"x6" card.  On the background I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Anna Griffin Smitten Embossing Folder.  On top I added the beautiful die cut doily by Marianne Design Anja's Squares (LR0242). The layers were attached using dimensional tape.

To create the flowers, I used the Susan's Garden Cistus dies (659658).  They were die cut using white card stock and the base of each petal colored with a very pale yellow Copic marker.  I used store bought stamens in the center.  Under the flowers, I added the Marianne Design Leaves CR1272, LR0192, LR0245, and LR0117.  For the corners, I added the Cheery Lynn B162 die cut corner. 

To give sparkle to the card, I used the Ivy Hollow ScrapFusion Needle Point glue to add small amounts of glue to the leaves, around the edge of the hearts and the top of the flowers, then sprinkled on Ranger Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy dry glitter.  I know it is hard to see the glitter in the photo.

Have you started on your Valentine cards?





3 comments:

Eva van Buuren said...

Hi Selma,
This is a card to be in love with...
ALL white, beautiful flowers and than the glitter, red LOVE, wonderful!!
Thank you for sharing!
Hugs, Eva.

Nancy Hill said...

Thinking about buying the Marianne Design Love die. Beautiful card and flower.

April said...

Gorgeous! I love the beautiful flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails