Monday, May 11, 2015

Susan's Garden Notes Blue Bonnet

I am always blown away with how realistic flowers look when created with Susan Tierney-Cockburn's dies.  This is Susan's Blue Bonnet.

 

This is a picture of the Garden Notes Blue Bonnet/Lupine die set I used.  I have not created the Lupine, which comes in many colors, but I really love how realistic the Blue Bonnet looks.  The height of this finished flower is approximately 3 1/2 inches.  This is such a  perfect size for cards and assembly does not take long since it is a smaller flower.  I die cut all the pieces, using white card stock and colored the petals with Copic Markers and Pan Pastels .  I posted a tag at this LINK explaining how I colored the petals for this flower.  

This is a 6"x6" card.  For the background I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Agatha Edges dies for the shape at the top of the card.  The die cut piece (the part cut out) was used at the bottom of the card.  Before gluing on that die cut flourish, I used the ECD Lots of Dots Embossing Folder to emboss the card stock below the die cut top border.  A narrow piece of blue card stock was glued across the top line of embossing.  This white background was glued to a blue card stock slightly smaller than the card.  

To create the ovals for the Blue Bonnet, I used the Accordion Oval Card dies.  The largest oval is actually part of the accordion, but was cut away to be a backing for the smaller white oval.  I used the "stitched" die in that set for the lines on the white oval.  These ovals were attached with dimensional tape.  The Blue Bonnet was attached with glue dots.  The sentiment is an ECD Sticker.  Blue pearls were added to complete the card.

The products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs are:


3 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful my friend! Your flower is stunning!

Martie Rollin said...

Making a floral display with this many individual petals is truly a labor of love...love of paper crafting, that is!

Unknown said...

You flowers are absolutely beautiful. I love the birthday explosion box. As a Texan I can't help but love the bluebonnet, our state flower. You are certainly an artist. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails