Friday, November 13, 2015

Let It Snow


Today I have another snowman card.  I do not like to "exactly" copy someone else's work, but I love to draw inspiration from them.  On Els van de Burgt Studio, on Facebook,  Els shows how to create a cute snowman card using her Snowman Peel Off Stickers.  Here is the LINK so you can see how she adds Silk Microfine Glitter to these cute snowmen.  I bet you will be inspired to create this card too!

 

This is a picture of Els card.  It is so cute I was excited to create one similar. To create this card, you need the Elizabeth Craft Snowman in Frame  Peel Off Stickers.  Below I will show you how I created my snowman card.

o


I wanted a black frame around each of the four snowmen.  I used Susan's Garden Patch 1 1/2 Inch Garden Patch frame.  I die cut the frame using white card stock with Elizabeth Craft Clear Double Sided Tape on the the top.  This die cuts the squares I needed to attach the snowman stickers. Be sure you have the die facing down on the Adhesive.  Once die cut, you need to pull off the adhesive covering on each square, so the adhesive side is up, so you can add the glitter.


Two black frames were die cut.  These had the Clear Double Sided Adhesive attached to the back.  In this picture the frame is laying over the adhesive, just so you know to use the adhesive -- but you want to die cut the frame with the die facing the black card stock.  The two frames will be attached to each other for height - this is easy to do when using the double-sided adhesive on the back. When ready, the  bottom frame will be attached to the card.


In this picture, you can see the that the snowmen have been attached to the white card stock die cut squares.  If you watch Els video, you will see how to add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on everything except the face of the snowman. Then she shows you how to add White Silk Microfine Glitter to the face.  You will be coloring everthing except the white face of the snowman.

I have my snowmen ready to color with Copic Markers and here I show the snowman squares inside the Garden Patch frame.  The frame has six squares so I used the Elizabeth Craft Scissors to snip off the bottom row.


 Cut off the bottom section and now you have the four squares to frame the snowmen.  If you have doubled the frame, the snowmen squares fit down inside each square.  You might need to trim a small portion off around the sticker frame of the snowman.

I used several layers of white card stock on the front of this card.  The layer right under the snowman frame was embossed with the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.  To make the dots shine, I rubbed the VersaMark Pad over the dots then brushed on Interference Blue Pearl Ex Pigment, then lightly sprayed with hair spray to seal it.  The Quietfire Creations "Let It Snow" stamp was used below the frames.  I scored lines around the edge of this piece and three lines at the bottom.  There is another, slightly larger piece of card stock behind the embossed piece.  The outside edges were scored then using a Tim Holtz Ruler, punched holes next to the scoring.  All layers were attached with dimensional tape.

For the large black frame, I used Els Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Squares.  On each corner of the black frame, I added a silver Peel-off Snowflake stickers.

You will find a lot more inspiration on YouTube using Elizabeth Craft Designs products at this LINK.


Below are links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:

2784 Snowman Peel Off Stickers
1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2 inch & Mini Roses
1064 Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Squares
510 Clear Double Sided Adhesive
E114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
8530 Snowflake Peel Off  Stickers
812 Elizabeth Craft Scissors
642 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
604 White Silk Microfine Glitter



5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love how effortlessly you pull off both elegant and cute projects with equal ease Selma!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

Very cute

Pat McQuitty

Cheryl W said...

Very fun card! Love that frame die. I can see where it would be a useful addition to my crafting tools. My wish list is really getting loooooong! lol

carinne87creas said...

sublime bravo bravo - bisous A+

Anja v K@@rten said...

they are cute Selma...
Creatieve groetjes, Anja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails