Thursday, November 17, 2016

Christmas Waves a Magic Wand



We had our first snowfall yesterday and it inspired me to create this Christmas card.

I used the Quietfire Creations Christmas Waves a Magic Wand rubber stamp.  Isn't that a beautiful verse for a Christmas card!

To create a dimensional scene, Els van de Burgt Studio Dotted Scallop Oval and Fitted Oval frame die sets were used to die cut an opening in pieces of 6x6 inch card stock.  At the bottom of the Fitted Frame Oval, two snow banks were added.  They were die cut using Karen Burniston's Outdoor Edges die.  A Gold Line Peel Off Sticker was used to line the die cut edge of the Fitted Oval Frame.

A piece of vellum was die cut to fit behind the die cut Fitted Oval.  Three Susan's CountryScapes Woods 4 trees were die cut and glued to the front of the vellum.  This piece was attached to the back of the Fitted  Oval frame.  On the card base, three more CountryScapes Woods 4 trees were attached so they would appear further back in the forest.  The vellum was to represent fog between the trees. The snow added to the trees was created by using DecoArt Snow-Tex paste.

Using Susan's CountryScapes Critters 6 die set, the deer was die cut and color sponged on.  Pine boughs were die cut using Susan's Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pinecone die set and a small red poinsettia made using Garden Notes Small Poinsettia die set.  

The Oval layers were attached to the front of the card with dimensional tape between layers.  The Quietfire verse was stamped, then fussy cut around the words and attached to the lower right corner.  The deer was attached on the outside of the ovals using dimensional tape.  

Gold Peel Off Line Stickers were added around the outside frame, then the Pine boughs and Poinsettia added.

You can complete this card with the following products:




3 comments:

SuzzieQ said...

Wonderful!

Eva van Buuren said...

This is a wonderful Winter Wonder Land!!
Also if I am not able to write an comment Selma, I enjoy your cards every day.
Hugs, Eva.

Anonymous said...

Just curious why your links never go directly to the product anymore???? So many times, I've clicked on one of your links and I'm taken to a page of Elizabeth Crafts products and the product I was looking for that is named in your link is not even on that page! It happened twice on this post alone (I only tried two links today.) and it has happened when I've tried your links before. I'm tired of wasting my time with your links. And worse than that, it takes away my interest in the product due to the hassle. I wouldn't think the company you represent would like that. I often put products in my wish list that is in my bookmarks when I see them on a blog but your links make that impossible unless I take extra time to do my own search for them. Elizabeth Crafts might be losing some sales because your blog readers can't get to the product they are interested in quickly and easily. As for me, I'm done trying your links as I don't have time to go through a whole page of products and still not find what I'm looking for. It's bad enough to have to go through a whole page of products even if the one you've named in your link is there. All it makes me think is that you or Elizabeth Crafts (if they make you do the links this way) think they will sell more stuff if they make us look through other items while we are trying to get to what we want to really see in the first place. All it does in my case is make me angry and then I don't want to buy anything at all from Elizabethe Crafts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails